Sugar Land

Caution: It may Get too sweet or simply too sour for your taste, so BE WARE!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

men are from mars women are from venus

For the last one week I was working at the Dubai International Film Festival. The environment allowed me to mingle with local boys the way I wouldn't normally and to my surprise I was up for a big cultural shock. As a part of a silly game known as "truth or dare" I was really not daring to hear the truth.

I would not like to go into details about what happened because I don't think that any good can come out of mentioning of such experiences and sinful activities. What I was really shocked about is that men were not stepping up to take the responsibilities and be men for once. Everything wrong is done by a woman...she is the one who seduces....she is the one who cheapens herself...she is the one that starts flirting...she is the one that approaches...OK so what?

I have guys approach me all the time but that doesn't mean I say YES to them....those are really lame excuses. Don't blame on the women when you guys start using them as chess pawns on simple dating scenes or those on the political or religious scenes. Men have to understand that she is a living, breathing human being....can they ever get that??? Can they ever get the fact that women are their mothers, sisters, future wives and daughters carved into their hearts and minds?

Women have to be virgins, while for men it's OK to experiment around is the thought that I got out of their heads....but how can that be right? Isn't that double standard? Doesn't my religion state clearly that I would be standing before god with all my deeds just like any other man on this earth? Then how can you say such things and bring me and my hopes down???!!! How can you twist the word of god so easily with your twisted mentalities and ideas?

I left the circle of conversation hurt and broken hearted praying to god in my heart to bless me with someone who considers a woman equal to him almost everything but doesn't forget that he's there for the purpose of loving, caring, honoring and protecting her.....after all she's a woman.

P.S. Despite the mention of religion in this post, it has nothing to do with nurturing such mentalities as MALE CHAUVINIST PIGS exist everywhere and anywhere.

1 Comments:

Blogger 1 said...

Dear Sister,

I have been doing what was happened with you as a guy in the past, but it is the culture we live in and this part of the world that is really blackened by this plaque.

Our generation these days is way out of line, I blame the media and also the restrictions as once we have restrictions placed we tend to be rebellious and do the forbidden thing "TO EXPRESS OUR FREEDOM AND OUR RIGHTS" but thats all wrong.

ok back to the topic!
It is not the woman who is at fault it is the fault of both sexes and both are equally responsible and it is not the case that if a woman has to be a virgin but a guy can experiment around and claim it as a mistake and be free of sin, NO Sir!

If a Woman is not a Virgin she is bad than also a man who isn't a virgin is also bad there is no difference!

Its equal for all Men & Women

I have seen such low graded guys who have been sworn at by girls in the malls and still they follow them like shadows, It disgusts me and makes me sick to see them do this as it spoils our image which is already tainted enough.

Girls on the other hand are also bad I personally have been followed by a few and have been called names by them which made me think that they are sorry to say but "with no respect for their gender" and yes these girls do exist and there are plenty these days, they are the ones who provoke these guys and which makes good girls also a target for guys of the same kind.

I feel sorry for all of them and I have a question for those guys who do this. "How will you feel if some guy flirts with your sister/wife/mother/cousin/daughter?" & What will be your reaction if they did so?

I cant change the world but I have changed the way I think.

I say as long as you are clean at heart and free from these things I careless about what people say and look inside me and see who the real me is, I do not need others to tell me that, so I suggest you do the same.

April 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home