Sugar Land

Caution: It may Get too sweet or simply too sour for your taste, so BE WARE!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

A quick update...

Trying to update you guys quickly....Ramadan came and went and now Eid is almost over....it wasn't my best Eid but it wasn't bad either...its like the only excuse to meet people you haven't seen all year long, despite the fact that they are close friends and relatives...it's really sad:(
........I did take my parents to the beach and they loved it, we've been going there for two days now...its really close to my house so I'm lucky to be living next to the ocean since I love the sea...While walking down the ocean my mother was talking about how much in the past they used to visit each other and if they wanted to go somewhere they'd better be out of the home before 5 o'clock coz otherwise guests would start to come.....My mother have seen many people come and go...some of her close friends and relatives became cocky and arrogant after the economic and social boom in the lives of everyday Emiratis in the early 80s......She really advised me to stay as down to earth as possible cos in her words "you came to earth with nothing you'll leave with nothing so you might as well share it with everyone else since nothing is really yours... and in this case love and simplicity"....I hope I never change and inshallah I'll try not to....I've seen people who act like they are special or something and its a really bad vibe they send to people around them....avoid becoming and being around such people is what we should try to do.
I'm really looking forward to the coming months....there are many things I have in my schedule...many conferences and festivals to attend and organize.....hopefully they'll be as excited as I think they'll be...I'll keep you guys posted on that...till then take care of yourselves as well as the people around you and fe amaane allah:)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALLAH! nice words from your mother! :)

nice to have you back sister :D welcome! :)

October 15, 2007 at 5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been a good long break for u I think. Good timing too, in Ramadan. I hope it will energise u and fill u with a fresh spirit. And ur mothers words are for all of us. I hope we can all remember this.

October 15, 2007 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Reem B. said...

heyyy sugar..... finally an update!

Your mom is mashalla wise and apparently she learnt from life a lot :)

And yup the coming days and months will be festive inshalla and hopefully successful too.

I hate the fuss though.... and i hope it goes smooothly perfectly fine if that makes sesne lol

PS: I also LOOOOOOOOVE the beach :D

October 15, 2007 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger M said...

*Sigh*
First it was GOOD to see you today, VERY FRESHING! lOL! xxx


and I agree with every single word your mom said. It is funny how life day after day is getting superficial more and more and more! Not only life, people.
Inshalla you will not change, and I will try my best not too!

October 16, 2007 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger Sugar-Free Sweetie said...

rekoo...thanks for ur kind words bro

sis 4 you...I need to stop taking long breaks...lol...but its too much to come back regularly these days too....thanx for passing by

Canc3riaN.......I just found another common thing between us...cool

Dee....its refreshing to see u too....always....especially at our field trip...it was good...and ishallah we won't forget where we came from no matter how many places we reach:)

October 26, 2007 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger WendyB said...

Your mother is wise.

November 19, 2007 at 3:23 AM  
Blogger i*maginate said...

Hi...one day you will get this message. It would be great if you would keep posting.

February 18, 2008 at 3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home