Sugar Land

Caution: It may Get too sweet or simply too sour for your taste, so BE WARE!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

My First Attempt at POETRY...


OK...OK...OK......I am no Shakespeare, nor am I Ahmed Shawqi...but hey I always loved to read poetry but never had the courage of actually writing one....but this semester I decided to take a poetry course as an elective......I begged all my friends to join me (ya, I wanted support) but they seemed far away from interested in this class....and so far things are going fine.... the teacher is a nice crazy old lady, probably the American version of Um S3eed, and as my first assignment I was given the task of writing a poem....I wanted to share this one with you guys hopefully you'll like it.....remember to praise it if you like and give me a constructive criticism if you don't;)


A Journey Called Life

As I sit collecting my thoughts about everything
It seems that life has walked for miles
But moved only a few steps forward

No idea about how much more will I walk
But there is always a day after night
And remaining hope insight

But unlike others I won’t run away
I had my share of happiness, and
For sorrows I’m going to stay

Just when you thought that the battle had been won
You discover that the war has just begun
Keep on fighting is what we all ought to do
Until glory comes along and rewards you

11 Comments:

Blogger UAE ALIAS said...

I loved this part :
"Just when you thought that the battle had been won
You discover that the war has just begun"
I've walked in that shoe all my life.
Well written with a deep subject.
Good luck with your poetry course! I think you have it just keep scouring it.

September 24, 2007 at 7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with the poetry thing...sorry I am not a poetry person..it just goes above my head :P

September 24, 2007 at 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing wallah!

for me, I loved the second section of your poetry :)

goodluck sister ;)

September 25, 2007 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger M said...

Sugar ;)
Mashalla, such a beautifully written poem... Very expressive..! (again, Mashalla...)

I loved it all , cannot wait to read more!


Keep it up =D

September 25, 2007 at 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*knock knock*

September 25, 2007 at 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a starters it's quiet good. Don't ever think that ur poetry is going to be liked by others or not, just write poetry to fill urself with pleasure and to flow out a flood of thoughts. If u don't have a flood of thoughts, u should wait for one. But whatever comes after the flood, it will be true poetry. I don't know if u understand this or not, but this is what I felt when I used to write poetry.

September 25, 2007 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Reem B. said...

and now i'm hoping this teacher of yours REWARDS you with an A ;)

Amazingly written...

I loved when you said "and for sorrows I'm going to stay"

Beautiful..

September 26, 2007 at 11:58 PM  
Blogger Reem B. said...

and hey sugar.... trach belaiti 3mrech... cuz now we will only want more and more :P

e3tabraina your motivation to getting an A in this course..

and if I knew earlier about this class I would have joined... But I think it clashes with another course that I'm taking. Pitty

September 27, 2007 at 12:00 AM  
Blogger Sugar-Free Sweetie said...

BAck Back Back!!!!

uae alias....I'm glad you can relate to my poetry dear...thanx for passing by.

amu...loool...hopefully one day you'll come across bro...hehehe.

rekoo...thanx bro, your comment is really wncouraging.

Dee....thanx dear...you guys made my day ;)

cece....Finally...our doc has arrived...welcome back sis.

sis 4 you....I totally understand what you said..and inshallah I will try writing more at least as long as I have to write as a class assignment.

Cee....Rabna yesma3 mench w ta36eene A....and the reaction is great too from you guys...so yes I'm already motivated....
and about you being in that class...I knew we would've had fun...REAL FUN...bas 5eerha fe 3'eerha :)

September 27, 2007 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Reem B. said...

Yeah 5airha fi '3airha... i really enjoy such stuff as class discussions go on and on about deep strong lines in a poem or a hidden meaning somweher ;)

September 29, 2007 at 3:46 AM  
Blogger Reem B. said...

.....um new post? :P

October 9, 2007 at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home