Sugar Land

Caution: It may Get too sweet or simply too sour for your taste, so BE WARE!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

A day of Remembrance in Captivity....





For some reason I have no specific topic or issue to write about today....I'm afraid everything I'm going to talk about is going to turn into a big lie....you see, I talked about love in the world of hatered...I talked about peace at times of war...I talked about friendship amongst a crowd of enemies...I talked about loyality when betrayal was a trend...Doesn't that make me a liar???




Despite having no plans of writing tonight....I felt like I was suffocating and in order to breath normally I have to get some things off of my chest...tonight reality held me captive in its basement....It forced me to face the heart-ranching world I wake-up to every morning....A place where water is being privitized, forests are being cut-down, people are being bombed and corporate media is getting richer...when I complained about these issues being too international for me, I was reminded that I was raised based on my Islamic values, where you are taught to ache when someone or even something gets hurt...you are not supposed to say "oh that's sad but hey, did you hear Lindsay Lohan got arrested today?"....That just wasn't the way I was brought up...




But to my insist... I was also given a glimpse of the domestic environment where paradise was nowhere to be seen either....Many of my country's expat residents saw my fellow local citizins as being totally arrogant and ingnorant, who have more rights than them despite not deserving it for the right reasons...on the other hand there was the team that I belong to and I could totally see the disappointment in their eyes...in this one way they saw their culture melting-away because of them being a minority.....many of them saw expats being treated better than them at work and public places...The feeling of being a stranger in your own country was the harshest ever....and whats worst that some of your own people were responsible for that...




I was bashed by Muslims when I defended Islam...I was let down by women when I talked about Feminism, But despite all that I still take a stand and keep on trying (or lying, who knows?) and I will keep on doing so, despite knowing it for a fact that it may be a lost war and I may not make any difference....And that's the difference between me and the "others" that I'm still fighting while they have given-in...Defeat and loss happens when you quit, but as long as you're trying you are still considered-in and glory may come along someday...remember big revolutions were always started by individuals....Who knows what this crazy girl may end up doing someday....




P.S. sorry for being extremely political tonight, I tried to be as positive as possible despite talking about the most depressing issues of our times...

(The image is a famous painting JOHN EVERETT MILLAIS called Ophelia based on the Shakespearean play called Hamlet)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear, you're not the first Emarati girl who have complained about not having your own rights in your own country. It's very sad, yet I blame the Emaratis themselves. It's just like how you explained it. People nowadays are selfish; hey care for nobody but themselves. People are greedy; they would kill for money.

You're very brave, I can tell. God bless you!

July 27, 2007 at 1:46 AM  
Blogger Reem B. said...

Oh, I just love your posts. Every post is something to think about and every thought carries some sort of motivation to cause a change somewhere where a change needs to occur... or opens our eyes to facts we always saw with our eyes but never really with our insight!

And THIS post is exactly what I'm talking abouT!

Lovely.

July 27, 2007 at 5:26 AM  
Blogger Sugar-Free Sweetie said...

Sara...I know dear...and this is what I'm trying to say, that while I'm defending my people and my culture here, they are bashing thmselves somewhere else which is very sad..but you still keep trying anyway...can't let the haters stop you from doing your thing...

Canc3riaN......I'm glad to know that in an already beautifully crowded mind, me and my writings have a tiny place there...thanx sis..

July 28, 2007 at 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sugar-free sweetie:
Yes, you're right. =)

July 28, 2007 at 8:10 PM  
Blogger Dr. Shale bin Agnon said...

In a very few sentences you have made both sides of that whole ex-pat vs Emirati argument more clear to me. :)

July 30, 2007 at 3:39 AM  
Blogger Sugar-Free Sweetie said...

Glad I could help clarify whatever was going on in ur mind, shale of agony...

July 30, 2007 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger M said...

Fdaaitech Sugar,

Remain the strong smart person you are.
Never let anyone let you down.
You always confidently and strongly stand up for what you believe in, in politics, in facing L ;) remember?
Don't change that because nowadays people are scared to admit and stand openly to what they believe in!

August 1, 2007 at 1:45 AM  
Blogger Sugar-Free Sweetie said...

Thanx Dee.....it means alot, may god give us all the power and energy to face the wrongs of our society...gonna miss yo lots..be back soon.

August 2, 2007 at 1:15 AM  
Blogger M said...

;) waiting for the next update :p

No pressure intended =P whenever your inspired girrrll ;)

August 5, 2007 at 1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home