Sugar Land

Caution: It may Get too sweet or simply too sour for your taste, so BE WARE!

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Its a New Day, its a New Dawn, its a New Life...


Today I start blogging for the very first time, I remember writing my feelings as a child on bits of paper but that habit was soon tarnished by one of my family members finding out about it and feeling not very comfortable about the angry content ( trust me, it wasn't even close to the gangster rap lyrics...it was very innocent and tame)

Years went by ristricting the habit of writing only to school homework, and after entering the university I heard about a thing called Blog for the very first time through one of my professors who blogs often. It didn't really excite me since the habit of expressing myself through writing was buried years ago, and again couple of more years went by and some of my class-mates started blogging and it was like a new land to be raunchy and say everything that was against our culture and religion, this was so discouraging and it didn't help my attitude towards blogging any good.

And after a long-tough academic year one of my closest pals Dynamic Deeds encouraged me to blog telling me that it only takes a few seconds and it will be fun to write and express what you feel and think, but I was too tired to write about anything for the whole summer since it was a very Exhausting semester I was just coming out of.

But Tonight, as I'm sitting alone in my room thinking about life and how last summer was almost the same and how next summer may be completely different, I remembered about Dynamic Deeds and her blog and how liberating are the vibes you get while reading the stuff she writes and the Feelings may be even better if when you are the writer.

Today I start a new trend in my life, I don't about know the future of this trend but I'm very excited about it and can't wait to draw the images in my head through the most powerful tool of writing.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Sugar-free sweetie!!!
Welcome the to the blogsphere, and I'm so glad you've decided to join.


I have to say, I love the title of the blog, and the "sugarsland" url ;)! So unique and fits you heehehe!


You are a great writer, and you know me I wouldn't have said that if I didn't mean it. From day 1 I knew you, you always had and still have amazing thoughts, and you know how to "flirt" (in a good way) with words and make them your own!! You always knew how to express yourself verbally, and I'm sureeeeeee 100% this writing experience is going to be an outstanding one for you have alot interesting ideas and views to share with the world!

*Hugz*
Missing you loads, and I'm so exxxxxxcited that you've joined! Cannot wait to read more! =D

July 10, 2007 at 12:43 AM  
Blogger Sugar-Free Sweetie said...

Lo0oL .......As Always You are one of the very few people who sees and acknowleges the good side in me.....and that is so up-lifting....thanx sis for all the kind and DYNAMIC words u say about me....trust me when I say that I'm a bigger fan of ur writings....but as much as we may praise our writings Lena never really seems to be impressed with them...lol...atleast we're done with her.....C ya soon and I can't wait to hear about the alleged "marriage proposal"...hehehe. *Hugz*

July 10, 2007 at 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogsphere :)

For a sec I got scared after looking at the pic on the front page, that lady looks scary,hehehe

July 10, 2007 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger Sugar-Free Sweetie said...

Loool...thanx amu for passing by...can you believe the fact that she is a super-model and is considered one of the most beautiful women on earth..her name is Adriana Lima and the reason for posting that pic is that all of us have bad hair...or in this case bad make-up day...lol.

July 10, 2007 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger M said...

NOOOOOOOOO!!
SERIOUSLY JAD JAD JAD JAD LIKE 3AN JAD!!! HAY ADRIANA LIMA :O!!!!
I have to agree with AMU she scared me too LOL!!!!! I even had this conversation on the fone with cancerian that the woman in ur blog scared me LOL!!!!!!


Nooooooooooooo musta7eeel that couldn't be ME (AWANEH) =P
ekekeke! I have nooooo COMMENT now that I know it is adriana =P

About the Marriage proposal hmm =P lets just sayyyyyyyyyyy the mother wasn't Arab =P she was from somewhere faaaaar away!! ekekeke! Walla etfashalt and I seriously was 9edg flattered!

July 11, 2007 at 12:52 AM  
Blogger Navy Girl said...

helloooo there :)

welcome around :)

July 11, 2007 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Welcome and congrats :D

July 12, 2007 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Reem B. said...

SUGAR-FREE SWEEETIEEE..... WELCOME TO THE BLOG WORLD !!! I am sooo thrilled and lookig forward to reading your writings. Because I remember when we frist got to know each we had random conversations every now and then from time to time... but i remember one of our convos was about "writing" and I saw in you someone who has a lot in common with me. :)
So....best of luck and hey.... am looking forward to reading your posts :)

Ps: what you said about LENA...ufff couldn't add more to it! You know at first when i first had a class with her ( Interpersonal Communication) i kind of repsected her and thought she's a wise person who AT LEAST has a stable mind and thinking.... but now after trying the research methods with her i feel like " WHAAAT WHO IS THIS MONSTER"? ufff lool... 5ala9 el dinya 9aif forget about Lena and Leslie and and all these creatures!hehe Yes I call them CREATURES! hehe

July 12, 2007 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Sugar-Free Sweetie said...

Navy Girl, Zed thanx for passing by I appreciate u guys taking time to read my blog..

Canc3riaN...we won't be seeing the CREATURES for another month and a half...yeeeeeeeh....lol...thanx for ur sweet comments sis...looking forward to bonding more with u on this blog.

July 13, 2007 at 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home