Sugar Land

Caution: It may Get too sweet or simply too sour for your taste, so BE WARE!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Negativity....


Days seem quite harder than they used to...maybe I'm getting prepared for the "Real Life"....maybe that's the next step after college....it seems everyone has a certain kind of expectation from you...and if you fail and decline to do something then you have fallen short or disappointed them....despite my best tries "NO" still seems to be a hard word to say....I try really hard to say it but somehow it sounds and feels so negative..I can't stand saying it don't know how I feel about hearing it (maybe the same) but again it is a very difficult word to come on my lips...not that I didn't say No before..but every time I said it..it left a void inside of me to the point that it made me feel sick...it is either the feeling of I shouldn't have said it or I said it to the wrong person....I know its not always BAD to say NO...and it needs to be said sometimes...but I'm still struggling to become comfortable with this vocabulary ....

Lately I'm feeling very negative....I have no idea why...maybe I need a blue sky holiday...maybe I needed to spend some time away from my home and the daily life...but we couldn't go anywhere this summer because of my father's business commitments....maybe I'm complaining too much, coz the other day me and my friend were complaining about not being able to go anywhere this summer when her friend replied "isn't it funny that some people's main concern is complaining about not flying somewhere out of the country while others main concern is how there are gonna get by through the month with their limited amount of salaries".....Which is so true....but I still can't seem to keep my selfishness away from me for some reason.... the harder I tried the worst I became.......I feel my faith is becoming weaker and I'm not believing enough in things around me....insecurities seem to surround me from everywhere I need to restore my beliefs and re-charge my emotions...and at this point I could use a Little advise from my fellow bloggers....so don't shy away from commenting on my this post....PEACE.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No is a word I say too much! I have your opposite problem, dear.

On the other hand, I feel so much like you in the second paragragh. It's like I keep wanting more and more! I am not satisfied with what I have. I look into what other people have and want it! It's selfishness. It's bad! I've lost faith too. Faith in people and myself...

Yesterday was such a boring day that I "verbally" told the members of my family that I wanted to jump out of the window. Now that I am recalling what was my actions last night, I felt silly and stupid.

I guess you are just bored. Boredom kills. I hope you find a solution to this problem...

August 18, 2007 at 11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try to kill the daily routine!

visit friends/family, hang-out... etc. don't depend on traveling as the only solution for every summer vacation. Do stuff that you don't usually do!

August 19, 2007 at 5:30 AM  
Blogger M said...

You never say no or comfortable with using this term is because you have a kind heart.
It is not bad as you said to say No sometimes.

About the summer break, you shouldn't feel bad wanting to have a nice holiday. True, some people are struggling to go by the month with their income, but you shouldn't feel bad for wanting a vacation.
I must agree with Rekoo, try to break the routine. Do something interesting, vist a spa. You need to a ME time for yourself.


*hugz*

August 19, 2007 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger Sugar-Free Sweetie said...

Hey cece....I guess you just know how I feel....it does get extremely boring at times...I'm trying to stay out of the house as much as possible...but the traffic is too much and it ruins all of ur 6al3aat..

Thanx Rekoo...it is really interesting...Iwill try to find something i don't usually do..like Cocking...just hope I won't burn down the kitchen...hehehe

Deee...Na gurl...miss ya lots...and thanx for the advice sis...can't wait to see you again soon...have a safe and nice trip sis...

August 20, 2007 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

change your routine....go for a drive, visit friends you haven't visited, go out for shopping if you are shopping freako :P, and finally you need a vacation but not a shopping one a place where you can relax, relax and just relax !

August 20, 2007 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Reem B. said...

Sugarrrrrrrrrr....

I used to have your "NO" problem. To me, saying NO was the hardest thing until one day I realized that I can say NO without actually saying NO. ;) There are other ways to disagree, to refuse and to reject. Plus, I became a stronger person I guess.

I guess my faith in my self is growing bigger and bigger positively each day. El 7emdilla. I guess it's cuz I turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to whatever brings me down. It works. I'm a happier person, a more positive person and as a result it made me a stronger person today.

But... just like you, boredom gets the best of me. I hate it and that's why I try to break the routine. Even when I have to stay home I try to do something ... anything that would stop me from getting so completely bored. Like DeeDee said, I create my own " ME " time. But, positive thinking should always be there :)

Cheeer Up and yalla 3ad you're our sweeeety... ;) *huGzzz*

August 20, 2007 at 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my case, I don't like to drive. And I hate to go out with no goal fil 7ayat! :P

August 20, 2007 at 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur having ur blues

August 21, 2007 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Reem B. said...

CECE: I used to drive and now I prefer being driven to wherever it is i want to go. I lost interest in driving somehow. But I sometimes still find myself having a peaceful drive at night listening to music or something.
But yeah, I lost interest in driving.

August 21, 2007 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger Sugar-Free Sweetie said...

heyAmu...Driving in this part of the world can be really disasterous...but I still prefere to be a driver rather than the passanger or otherwise I start getting a headache and feeling sick...hmmm wierd huh??!!.....don't worry cece and Cee...in case we ever get together and go somewhere I'll volunteer to drive...lol

Camcerian...I'm feeling much better now... especially after reading and knowing that all of us have those kind of moments in our daily life...beside the fact that ur back so all is fine now..*HUGZ*

Sis 4 you....not anymore..lol...thanx for passing by sis..

August 21, 2007 at 9:48 PM  
Blogger Reem B. said...

sweeeet of you sweeetie ;) and great knowing that you're feeling better :D Inshalla doom chee.

And about driving... 5ala9 you own the wheels ;)

August 24, 2007 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Ammaro said...

life is a lot different when you venture from college to the real world. when you screw up in college, ah, big deal, lets repeat next semester.

when you screw up in life, you might not get another chance. just take it easy, do your best, and it should be good :) lots of stress coming, but youll survive :p

August 27, 2007 at 6:00 PM  
Blogger i*maginate said...

I don't know what to say, honey.

When I was your age and about to venture up to higher education, I didn't really listen to what anybody around me was saying, so no point "telling" you anything. Only that if you are capable of following your heart and making your own decisions "for the moment", not having any regrets, and *trusting*, you will be OK.

I wish blogworld was around when I was your age. I might have done better, with some "anonymous" support from like-minded people.

I have a feeling you'll be OK, insha'Allah.

Best of luck, xxx

September 4, 2007 at 4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home